NO PREFERENTIAL CONSIDERATION GRANTED OVER BID FOR ABE STATE FUNERAL: MATSUNO

The Japanese company that won the proposal to organize the official burial of former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe later this month did not receive preferential treatment, the chief cabinet secretary said Monday.
Hirokazu Matsuno stated during a routine press briefing that only the Tokyo-based event organizer Murayama Inc, which has been involved in various controversial government-sponsored events, submitted a bid for the September 27 state funeral.
In early July, a lone gunman shot and killed Abe during a campaign address.
The opposition alliance has slammed Murayama following the revelation that the corporation met with the Cabinet Power prior to the bidding process for hosting Abe's annual sakura viewing events while he was in office.
Abe's support organization hosted dubious dinner events at two luxury hotels in Tokyo on the eve of the cherry blossom viewing parties between 2013 and 2019.
The gatherings cost 23 million yen over the course of five years, from 2014 to 2019, far more than the funds gathered from attendance, the majority of whom were voters in Abe's Yamaguchi Prefecture, western Japan, district.
Abe's followers are suspected of having paid a total of 9 million yen over the course of five years to make up for deficiencies, but neither the supporters' group nor his fund management body recorded the revenue and expenditures in their political fund reports.
Matsuno, the government's chief spokesman, stated, "There is no evidence that we tried to favor a particular corporation" in connection with the tender for the burial, as domestic opposition to the state event grows.
Sunday, Prime Minister Fumio Kishida told reporters that the tender was conducted "in accordance with proper processes."
According to government data, Murayama has been awarded contracts to arrange sakura viewing events for the next five years, beginning in 2015. It is thought that the corporation held discussions with the Cabinet Office from 2017 to 2019 before to submitting a bid.
The company was awarded the contract to organize the official burial of Abe, Japan's longest-serving prime leader. Abe, who passed away at the age of 67, served as prime minister for roughly one year between 2006 and 2012, and then again from 2012 to 2020.
In the meantime, the government has allotted 249 million yen in taxpayer funds for the state burial, excluding security and foreign dignitary expenses.
Kishida stated at the end of last month that the overall cost will vary according on the number of foreign visitors attending the event, however his administration intends to provide a figure as soon as feasible.
Want to Publish Fresh and Unique Content Visit: https://industryglobalnews24.com/publish-with-us
Contact us.: Industry Global News 24
Industry Global New 24 LLC,
25110 Sundance park lane,
Katy TX 77494
Comments
Post a Comment